About Me

My photo
Life's full of lessons and I'm here to spend my life learning as much as I can. I live not in regrets, but with lessons learned and forward motion.

Friday, February 10, 2012


I found this picture and it kind of fit a lot into how I feel many aspects of my life are going. As one can tell from my flustered previous post I am not extremely satisfied with how my life is flowing right now. Being a single mom puts me in a very limited situation, my job can sometimes be the bane of my existence (sitting at a desk is pure torture for me), and I'm lacking in the adult companion department.


All of this aside, I need to remind myself sometimes that life does, and is, going on and I have so much of it left, God willing. My main focus of fitness and health right now IS going well because I AM trying. I should not get frustrated reading about other moms who have their husbands, parents, or whatever other support group so they can go out an exercise at leisure. I get to bring my kids and teach them how important it is to take care of your body. My four year old eats more and healthier food than most of the adults I know and can do more push-ups too!
I can't afford Crossfit, MMA classes, or any other kind of trainer for that matter. My progress is still going well and, though it may not be as fast as others, and I may not be able to do a lot of what they do because of my lack of opportunity to learn someone with proper knowledge. I can read, I can soak in information from any source I can and I can do my best. 
I will get a new job someday. Right now, this job works. Hell, I'm 28 years old and still don't know exactly what I want to be when I grow up. I have changed my mind dozens of times; Army, Social worker, psychology, sociology, research, nutrionist, trainer, etc. And all of those I could still be willing to do. Just figuring out what will make me happy. Maybe the slow process to higher education is a good thing for me.


So some of my slowing going accomplishments- yes, this is what I'm talking about, I get things done:



  • Joined the Y which has childwatch and fun classes. May not have the newest equipment and it may be a little ghetto, but I am getting more motivated and more opportunities! 
  • Ran a slow going 4 mile race. A time of 38:30ish seconds put me at 65th out of 92. I need to improve greatly on my speed, but I showed up in the spur of the moment, ran, and finished. I had a great weekend.
  • I have completed my morning 50 sit-ups, 30 push-ups (started at 25), and 5 (increased to 6 today) pull-ups for about 3 weeks now, except for 3 various days when I was not home.
  • Got on the healthy boat, fell off and swam around a bit, got back on. Everyone needs a little dip in the water sometimes. Again, like I've said before, routine is too much for me. I have to break it, and I work hard and lose so, why not?
  • I have worked out 6 days a week for at least 2 weeks straight! Woo! 
I know I have a lot of mountains and hill to climb in my life. It's fun, really it is. Anything less would be boring. So I'm going to take the slow road, speed it up where I can, but remember to always be satisfied with EVERY accomplishment because doing is what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment