About Me

My photo
Life's full of lessons and I'm here to spend my life learning as much as I can. I live not in regrets, but with lessons learned and forward motion.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Conquering some monsters


I got a great run in today! I was in a horrible mood after missing out on yet another work out last night (first try at yoga class) because my daughter messed her diaper 20 minutes in and I had to grab the kids from daycare. Grumpy was an understatement. Mean would definitely be a good description, though unfortunate. So last night I decided I needed to get some of this angst out and go for a run, who cares if I had 2 1/2 hours of classes later in the day. I missed a couple hours of work and took care of myself and was my fastest yet. Amazingly I accomplished 5 monster hilly miles in 44 minutes. I was very surprised at the time it was when I got home, but I had just did a random push myself run so I didn't know how far it was until I mapped it out when I got to work. What a great start to the day! Perfect to start the green monster movement!

The green monster movement to me is going to be hopefully drinking this yummy green smoothie picture above every morning for breakfast. I usually eat a chiobani so why not a smoothie instead? I will vary the recipes day to day and maybe update my recipes on this blog... if they're that good. Since it's the first I'll let you know what I started with:

1 tsp Psyllium root (Trying to digest my proteins better)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tbsp wheat germ
3 cups spinach
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup vanilla bean greek yogurt
6 frozen strawberries
1 banana

Put in blender in that order and have long stick to poke ingredients down!

This definitely made a lot and I think I will only use half a banana tomorrow. It actually lasted me through lunch so right now I'm trying to stuff some of my homemade protein bars and an apple with peanut butter into my belly so I have something in there for my long gym time tonight. I'm hoping I can keep up with this and also hoping it's not too expensive! I do have to mention that at the end it was very thick and slimy and warm (after 5 hours of course) so that was very hard to stomach.

Here's to also praying this helps cut down my ravenous appetite and bloat and overall body yuckiness late. My elevated mood should help too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment