About Me

My photo
Life's full of lessons and I'm here to spend my life learning as much as I can. I live not in regrets, but with lessons learned and forward motion.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Just the musts

I'm still doing it! It meaning, the few simple things I've promised myself I would do. One of these been my quick morning exercise, and then still doing the green monster every morning. I missed day number two because just my style, I broke my new blender. DO NOT POKE IN THE BLENDER WITH A METAL SPOON WHILE IT IS RUNNING! Ok, so that's pretty obvious until you're frustrated because this smoothie takes FOREVER to blend because you're constantly stopping, pushing the spinach down and starting again. It usually takes me about 15 minutes every morning to get it made, which is, in mom schedule, way too much time. I am going to be trying to figure out if I can blend and freeze most of the ingredients ahead of time to make it a lot quicker in the morning. I'll post when I figure it out, though I will have to wait until after my trip later this week to NJ to visit my estranged bf because I've cooked and froze a freezer full of food to bring down to him. I have this weird need to take care of people and it's the only way I can with him so far away. Maybe it's a control thing?

Anyways, here are some pics of my green monster from over the weekend!


This green monster has almond milk, vanilla bean greek yogurt, ground flaxseed, wheat germ, psyllium root, spinach, blueberrie, strawberries, and banana. It was a little to thick so I think I've been adding too much spinach (what the heck is three cups of spinach any way?!) and not enough liquid. Today's was much better!




Shea enjoyed my left overs this morning!

Look at all of those lovely layers! You can see why it's so hard to blend.


Besides doing my "must" duties, I have not been achieving very much. I have gone to the gym Monday- Thursday, ran only 1.5 miles on Friday (sucky!), 45 minutes gym on Saturday followed by an hour and 45 minute hike with my mom and the kids with Shea on my back. Sunday= lazy day of laundry mat and lots and lots of cooking with my normal lots and lots of pull-up bar work. I hate lazy days cause I want that consistent workout. I have just not been feeling right and it's showing in my workouts. I have gained a bunch of weight (5 pounds!!!) back and I have been feeling very stomach heavy and not digesting very well the past few weeks. The green monster seems to be helping a little but because it takes me so long to drink I think I have not been eating enough during the day and then completely over eating at night. Today I was talking to my mom and we're wondering if I have all of a sudden a gluten intolerance. I have been getting sores in my mouth which is actually what has clued me in. Soooo, it looks like starting next week I'm going to have to start cutting food out and seeing what it could be. I am so not one to take anything out of my food choices so I am extremely frustrated. I really feel that there is more to this gluten issue thing, as in perhaps additives and the way things are processed have done something to our bodies. Not much I can do now I suppose.

This week is a crazy one, today being a holiday= no gym and that coupled with my lack of motivation is no good. Tomorrow I must force myself to a couple hours at the gym along with my normal 2 1/2 hours on Wednesday and hopefully some more. I also must get to the 5:30 am class on Thursday before I head down to NJ because there will be no gym for me down there. What a whole bunch of workout suck this week! No run time what-so-ever unless somehow I sneak some in NJ, which is doubtful. I guess I'll just have to take it where I can get it! I need to get over my self, do what I can, and don't get frustrated and not do at all because I can't do it all. I'll be trying to keep that at the top of my mind all this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment